You can help get Gentoo into the Summer of Code
This year, let’s try something different! I posted a rough draft of our organization application on the Gentoo wiki, in hopes that we can all work together to improve it over the next week. Applications are due starting March 9, and earlier is better. Here’s a list of questions that you can help answer:
- Why is your group applying to participate? What do you hope to gain by participating?
- What criteria do you use to select the members of your group? Please be as specific as possible.
- Has your group participated previously? If so, please summarize your involvement and any past successes and failures.
- What questions/requests do we want in our application template for students, in addition to the GSoC application?
- What is your plan for dealing with disappearing students?
- What is your plan for dealing with disappearing mentors?
- What steps will you take to encourage contributors to interact with your community before, during, and after the program?
- What will you do to ensure that your accepted contributors stick with the project after the program concludes?
Go to the wiki, and help Gentoo’s application rock!